Re: [OM] Tilley hats (was Fly-In)

Subject: Re: [OM] Tilley hats (was Fly-In)
From: Lawrence Woods <lmwoods@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 12:37:08 -0500 (EST)
Chris Barker wrote:
> I have a Tilley to keep the sun off parts that have too
> little hair to shade the bonce.  My wife is not that
> keen on it, but I always say, "you can't look silly in
> a Tilley ..."

For years I'd go through a cycle where I got sunburned on
vacation day 1, buy whatever hat I could find locally, get
ridiculed by my family over it, then get rid of it after I got
home.

One year we vacationed in Toronto, and I got a hat from the
Tilley store.  I broke the cycle, and still have and use the
hat.  My kids, now in their 20's, however, still give me a
hard time.

FWIW, the hats Herbert Keppler wore in his article portraits
were usually Tilleys.

----- Larry Woods
      lmwoods@xxxxxxx