Re: [OM] Rules? [was My new Pen and Friends at Fly-In]

Subject: Re: [OM] Rules? [was My new Pen and Friends at Fly-In]
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:11:14 +1100
Thanks. I've been multiply moosed - honoured I am.
Yes, crop and fill is clever - the chair infill balances better.
I'm not particularly good at this kind of shot so I was pleased it
worked. Did an HCB on it - saw the guys in the mirror and waited for
other stuff to happen around them. I liked the balance in the postures
in this one.
Rules - it's like writing poetry. First you learn to rhyme - then you
can go on to blank verse because you've developed a feel for rhythm
instead. I think of the photographic college in Melbourne that used to
start students on colour, then slide and finally, if they'd earned it,
they were allowed to progress to black and white.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx