Re: [OM] Re (OM) Foggy trees

Subject: Re: [OM] Re (OM) Foggy trees
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 06:08:14 +0000
The wording is pretty useless, Russ, in my view.  The text should use the word
"reproduce" rather than "capture".  The way I read it, quoted in your post,
everything with the colour in question would have been rendered monochrome.

But wording aside, 2 ideas spring to mind: the colour is as the photographer
remembered; and the lighting plays a large part in the colour as reproduced by
the sensor and its processors.  So I should be a little sceptical about the
accuracy of that part of the article.

On the other hand, deep red is a colour that we know is difficult to reproduce
on the screen from a digital capture, so perhaps that "purple" is another such
weak point.

Chris