[OM] OT: USB 3.0 is here and faster than esata

Subject: [OM] OT: USB 3.0 is here and faster than esata
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 18:43:50 -0500
I think some list members were soon to purchase more External HD's for
back up etc.  I noticed at CES that some new laptops came with
USB 3.0 ports and became curious.  USB 2 is now long in the tooth, but
am surprised  an external peripheral interface can beat an internal bus
speed.
Seems it is time to upgrade the sata bus, no?  I see cards are availabe
for USB 3.0 as well as HD enclosures.  USB 3.0 can carry power too,
which is another advantage.  I even see a few flash drives, though they
look huge.

Mike

http://news.cnet.com/8301-11386_3-10141810-76.html

http://tinyurl.com/y93sdez