Re: [OM] [OT] leica M 50mm lens wanted

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] leica M 50mm lens wanted
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 16:18:56 +1100
Yup but we're speculating. The sum of distances should end up the same
as for a 35mm film body - that is, I expect it would be 6mm from the
film surface as well. The problem might be fitting a 29mm circular
object into the throat of an mFT body!
As to 'angles' - given the 2x crop factor, that is vastly reduced and
fishing wou;d be unlikely in any form. The whole rear element is one
huge piece of glass -
http://home.tiscali.nl/qnu/PN/Biogon.jpg
On the Jupiter it's bare and black painted around the edge (the Zeiss
was enclosed in a body tube) so it would be possible to reshape it.
Not worth the trouble or expense tho'.  I once considered it to fit it
on a CosVoigt Bessa.
All that aside, the Voigtlander lenses on mFT seem to be giving poor
results. The 21mm and 28mm are dreadful at the edges it seems - so the
Panasonic 20mm is the obvious choice.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx