Re: [OM] FL50 connection options

Subject: Re: [OM] FL50 connection options
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 10:45:43 +1100 (EDT)
Hi

> I recently purchased a FL50. Seeking advice on options for off-camera TTL
connections.

> FL-BK01 + FL-CB02  ????

FL-CB02 is designed to be used with FS-FP1 Flash Power Grip/bracket.
As far as I'm aware the FL series flashs do NOT have flash sockets,
so this cable only plugs into the socket on the FS-FP1.

> FL-BK04 + FL-CB05  ????

FL-CB05 is for non Oly brackets, also has a tripod mount under
the shoe piece. I've used this for Macro flash and slide digitising
with the Oly OM slide and bellows. I actually found the T32 and
extension cables worked better so apart from using using this
once I've never used it since, as the FL50/FL36 dont work to
well for slide reproduction in auto, and I find the T32 easier to
use in manual with the DSLR also in manual.

Used a non powered macro Flash control unit in the E500 flash
socket to provide something to plug in the OM series flash
extension cable, before I purchased an OM version of this
cable from B&H in USA.

> off brand bracket + FL-CB05  ????

Correct

> Are these the correct combinations? Are there other combinations? What works
> for
you? Anybody......

Depends on your equipment, usage, imagination etc :-)

Cheers
Ian Manners
Practice Random Kindness and Senseless Acts of Beauty