Re: [OM] Olympus E-P1 + Zuiko 40 F2

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus E-P1 + Zuiko 40 F2
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:44:41 +0100
Hi David and all,

From: David Irisarri Vila <div2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>I wonder if someone has an E-P1 and has taken pictures with this lovely
lens.

>It would be a 80mm f2!!!

I own the Zuiko 40/2. I don't have an E-P1, but I've got a Panny GF1... I
still haven't take any pictures with that combo, but I think I'd prefer
Minolta's M-Rokkor 40/2 -- after putting the adapter(s), it's much more
compact and better balanced with such small cameras. And Live View shows
that (wide open) performs much better, too.

But it should be nice to try, however; despite DOF characteristics being
equivalent to an 80mm F4 in film terms (as already discussed), it does
render a really nice bokeh -- I have used it with the old EOS-300D (1.6x
crop) with great results:
<http://cjss.sytes.net/atachaos/audrey40.jpeg> (most likely stopped down a
bit)

Another great advantage of the Zuiko 40/2 is the very short minimum focusing
distance: 30 cm / 1 ft.

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)