Re: [OM] Advice on 90/2 lens repair - broken off metal piece on rear

Subject: Re: [OM] Advice on 90/2 lens repair - broken off metal piece on rear
From: Frank van Lindert <FXCM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:27:53 +0100
Hi Ian.

The part which came off has no optical functions. AFAIK the only
function is to protect the glass when the lens owner is stupid enough
to put it on a surface with the rear side down.

Not to mention dropping it ;-)

But to prevent the thing from being really damaged next time you drop
it you might indeed glue it back on.

I remember having deliberatly taken the small part off of one of my
lenses because otherwise it wouldn't fit into a 2x adapter is needed
it to go on...

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL