[OM] PAW Phx - Moose

Subject: [OM] PAW Phx - Moose
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 23:00:40 +0100
First let me thank you for your help with 'Jesus Blood' the book is
now out, and the print is so much better than the dark mess I had made
with last year's contribution ... thank you thank you thank you
(credits are featured as promised)

Le 18 janv. 10 à 12:16, olympus-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx a écrit :

> Some nice stuff there. My favorite has to be "to Jacques Tati", which
> should to be in color, like "Playtime".

Thanks - I had spotted that building in the Spring, but couldn't
resist the light and life inside.
The young man bowing on the left hand side, and the young lady on the
top right mesmerized me.

> The snow scenes see to me unnecessarily dim, with the top third or
> so of
> the histogram empty.
>
> I like 228. Is that a canal boat in the background?
> <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Amard/Companionship.htm>

It is - barges - I have shot them in colour, I'll try to find the
place they hide on the gallery

Wow, much better indeed
You'll have to teach me how to Moose, I must know the tricks - TIA

> 233 might look good treated like 228, but the posted version has too
> visible halos from sharpening or whatever.

You're right - it was dark, snowing, and I was cold ... then I screwed
the edit probably
But they reflect the mood of the day, "quand le ciel lourd et bas sur
ma tête pèse comme un couvercle" (Beaudelaire? when the sky, heavy and
low, weighs upon my head like a lid ...)

> Goose Flesh is pretty nice as composition, but a bit flat and with
> bokeh
> too busy for my taste.
> <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Amard/GooseFlesh.htm>

this is the photo I wanted to take