[OM] Pictage.com

Subject: [OM] Pictage.com
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 18:43:41 -0400
I came across a high end Canadian wedding photographer recently who utilizes
www.Pictage.com in Torrance, California.

The arrangement looks to be that he emails all his digital images to Pictage
who in turn generate hardcopy prints and ships them back to Canada, or
emails print ready files to Canada for printing at the newly marrieds' photo
lab of choice.

In respect of the prints coming north across the US / Canadian border I was
led to believe that no Canadian taxes were levied at the border which would
save money on what would otherwise be the sales taxes levied on a set of
Canadian produced prints.

Does anyone in Canada have experience of dealing with Pictage and whether
the tax free border crossing is for real?

jh

database 4786 (20100119) __________

http://www.eset.com