Re: [OM] Pictage.com

Subject: Re: [OM] Pictage.com
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 10:02:32 -0600

> I also tried a print on metallic paper recently.  It wasn't a portrait
> but an indoor architectural shot.  I figured it might be OK on metallic
> paper but the look totally turned me off.  I won't try it again on any
> subject.

I have one picture in particular of the John Hancock building which is
printed on metallic. Simply amazing. The image is nearly 3D and the sun
glinting off the steel and glass look absolutely real on the metallic paper.
At my desk I have a 24x30 of it on normal paper and the picture is really
nice, but side-by-side with the metallic it's the difference between having
a picture of the sky taped to the ceiling of your car vs having the sunroof
open.

OK, maybe a little hyperbole...

AG