[OM] 80mm macro lens--now- Big Foot spotted

Subject: [OM] 80mm macro lens--now- Big Foot spotted
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:36:33 -0500
Yep did spot it--haven't seen one in OM mount for almost 1 year. If you could
use the Way Back machine, would order one for $619 from Stephen Gandy at
Cameraquest in 2005.  I was able to fine mine for 20% more NIB, but due to very
unlikely series of events with a Cosina tech running downtown in Tokyo to swipe
one off a store shelf.
Have seen Nik mounts go for 2K and Canyon for 1500 or so.
It is very very nice esp for shots at F5.6 or wider---nice bokeh indeed. One
can find some LoCA at 1:1 if you really try--more than the  VivS1 90mm f2.5
with the matched 1:1 converter.  The extra reach and much brighter VF are a
plus and it goes directly 1:1.  At vulnerable speeds or high mag benefits from
Aperture pre-fire/MLU or shot filled bean bag---no tripod mount.  At smaller
apertures at the same mag, quite close renditions with the Z. 135---not selling
mine.

I have a bunch of other examples (a couple on the Mirex T-S)   but Zoto's SAN
has cratered again and haven't had a chance to switch them over yet.  It may
take much longer now.

The scan was lousy but Moose took care of it.
Mike

One relatively recent shot:

http://tinyurl.com/yhvaty5

Dawid says:

No, did you see THIS!

380198873926

Now that's a beauty, I'd be very tempted if I didn't already have the
90/2.0...
And weren't broke :-)