Re: [OM] (OM) Pictage dot com

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Pictage dot com
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 08:54:49 -0600

> That's too much smoothing! Plastic skin.
> What you should do is pull back a Surface Blur layer until the skin
> texture just shows through, as it would with good make-up.

Agreed. However, from what I've been seeing, metallic paper has an
additional smoothing characteristic so we're almost better off not doing any
skin smoothing. The on-screen version of the picture looked just about
perfect, the printed version went hokey.

But this doesn't negate the fact that for my own sensitivities, I find
metallic paper and portraits to be pretty much mutually exclusive. They look
weird.  But, again, that's just me.

AG