Re: [OM] Musings from the dark side - i.e. life with 5D2

Subject: Re: [OM] Musings from the dark side - i.e. life with 5D2
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 08:12:55 -0500
I didn't and wouldn't say I am 100% happy with the situation. Sure I wish we
had an OM sized DSLR with a 35mm sized sensor but let's be realistic it's
not going to happen anytime soon. Perhaps it would be better articulated as
that for certain lens and body combinations there is an ergonomic advantage
to a minimum size. Even if I switch brands this type of lens (70-200mm
f2.8+) isn't going to get much smaller or lighter. Personally I have
accepted the physical situation in trade for the end results. Now granted I
don't shoot this lens at f2 (all the time) and if they made a 35-100 f2.8
that was sharp at f2.8 I would definitely buy that lens. What I really wish
existed for the E System was a 24-70mm (equiv to FL to 50-140) f2.8. A lens
in that range would cover the near portrait range through portrait range
without needing a lot of innovation in design.

Dan S.