Re: [OM] Musings from the dark side - i.e. life with 5D2

Subject: Re: [OM] Musings from the dark side - i.e. life with 5D2
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 08:29:29 -0600

> What I really wish existed for the E System was a 24-70mm (equiv to FL to
> 50-140) f2.8. A lens in that range would cover the near portrait range
> through portrait range
> without needing a lot of innovation in design.

I've been greatly pleased with the Zuiko 35-80 F2.8 on the E-Thing. The
equiv is 70-160. A bit short on the long end as compared to 70-200, but
decent non-the-less. The imaging characteristics between that lens and the
14-54 at overlapping focal lengths is night and day. The 35-80 is highly
flare-prone in comparison and not nearly as distortion corrected, but the
sharpness, bokeh and 3Dness is incredible.

Yet, the song of the Sirens is drawing me towards a shipwreck on the Isle of
Canon if I don't plug my ears and ignore these posts about the 5Dmk2.

AG