Re: [OM] Recent 'work'...

Subject: Re: [OM] Recent 'work'...
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 09:09:34 +1100
Yeah, right, I like even light. I have a studio buddy who is always
nagging me about that. I mostly shoot 2:1 or 3:1.
However, I'm up with the modern trend there. My cuz is about to do one
of next month's Adobe online seminars. On 'Faux Effects'.
(Yes, Chris, I did tell him it's a redundancy but he didn't get it.
Apparently Adobe are into 'faux' the pretentious arses).
The requirement now in the commercial world that he inhabits that all
effects are applied in post - through Lightroom for instance. No
filters, Lensbabies, soft lenses, etc.
The reasoning is that clients are cretins - they'll ask for cross
processing or B&W and then say, 'Hmmm it's not quite what I had in
mind - can you do cool tone instead?'
Shadows can be added.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx