Re: [OM] Musings from the dark side - i.e. life with 5D2

Subject: Re: [OM] Musings from the dark side - i.e. life with 5D2
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 11:11:08 -0600

> In my eyes, E-1 has noise of very even size while 5D II has finer noise at
> brighter area up to fairly large noise blocks at shadow, I don't think it
> is
> Olympus-like. And yes, it does have pattern noise if that's what you wanted
> :-)

Anybody can say whatever they want about E-1 noise, but one thing about it
is that pattern noise is essentially non-existent. Sure, if you boost to ISO
3200 (which is 2X boost of ISO 800) and lift the image even more by
white-balancing interior lighting, yeah you might see some pattern noise
leaking in, but that is pretty mild compared to almost anything else out
there of any brand or model.

The E-3.... You want to talk about pattern noise and banding?

AG