Re: [OM] Musings from the dark side - i.e. life with 5D2

Subject: Re: [OM] Musings from the dark side - i.e. life with 5D2
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 17:41:56 -0500
Here's some stuff on exit pupil.  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exit_pupil>

AFAIK a digital lens can be digital in the sense that it's telecentric
(as Olympus envisioned) or in the sense that the rear element is
shaped/coated to avoid reflections from the sensor back onto the rear
element.  Telecentric lenses were favored by Olympus to avoid light rays
approaching the edge of the sensor at steep angles.  Pixels are located
inside a shallow well and light rays approaching at steep angles would
be cut off by the edge of the well.  However, I think this has all been
obviated by cleverly designed micro-lenses over each pixel position.

Chuck Norcutt