Re: [OM] your smile of the decade

Subject: Re: [OM] your smile of the decade
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 21:01:14 +1100
My #1 son writes for The Times so I might get unreasonable about that
instead? :-)
Journalists are required to seek dramatic confrontation in a story,
even when none exists. That's what we require of them - or we stop
buying the paper. News implies novelty and most of us prefer
infotainment to real and intelligent input. Fox and CNN are never
going to go broke by underestimating the hunger of the public for
movement and colour and bright, shiny things.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx