[OM] Wanted: Light DZ telephoto zoom

Subject: [OM] Wanted: Light DZ telephoto zoom
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 18:48:14 +0000
Dear All

I'm looking for a 40-150 (f3.5 one, i think) or a 70-300 (depending on the
price).  I have decided that it is probably time to go a little lighter with my
kit.

I have various problems with the muscles on my back and neck, probably
precipitated by many years of pulling G with an inappropriate posture in an
uncomfortable seat.  Add to that my habit of carrying a shoulder bag on one
shoulder and which I think has caused supraspinatus tendonitis, and
epicondylitis (caused by too much arm-wrestling with strong young chaps, and
the odd pretty little girl :-)).  My wife has told me many times that I carry
too much in my bags and I have to admit that she is probably right.

I was considering selling my E-3 and 50-200, but I don't really want to; I
would replace it with an E-620, if I did.  My various afflictions of "-itis"
might go away and I would be sad not to have a good quality kit to use at air
shows etc ...  In the meantime,  a light zoom would complement my E-420 and
14-42, although I have heard that focus speed is a bit of an issue  with them.

But is anyone about to get rid of one or the other?

Chris