Re: [OM] So good, I bought it twice.

Subject: Re: [OM] So good, I bought it twice.
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 17:00:55 +0100
Hi Ken and all,

From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>In case anybody actually gives a rip, I wanted to share that the ADOX MCC
>110 paper (with PRINT WA developer) is so good that I just placed a second
>order of it!. At this time I don't see myself using any other
>variable-contrast glossy fiber paper.

And you said it was the old Agfa paper, am I wrong? Interesting, because I
abandoned Ilford Multigrade in favor of Agfa MCP310RC -- yeah, I'm that lazy
:-) The Ilford showed awful tones when using the lower grades.

After several years gathering dust, I restarted the darkroom this New Year's
Eve -- at 12:00am I was indeed fitting the enlarger column to the baseboard.
And, new to me, a yellow Philips decoLED lamp (1W) -- tested completely safe
and _much_ brighter than a conventional 15W amber safelight!

Always a pleasant experience, however I found myself going to grade 4
consistently, and the negatives are far from thin. A couple of things come
to my mind:

-The already open bottle of concentrate developer (Ilford Multigrade),
undiluted was of a suspicious dark sherry colour.
-The 20 year-old enlarger lamp (Philips PhotoCrescenta) looked quite
greenish -- more than I remember.
-Filter fading? Mine are Croatian-made Jessop's.

I don't think the paper is _that_ old to be the culprit... But I expect to
repeat soon!

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)