Re: [OM] IMG: Crossroads

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Crossroads
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 10:41:32 -0600
Fernando,

Thanks for the information.  My doctor considered a couple of things that I
did not mention.  First, I have two St. Jude mechanical heart valves, and
must take Coumadin every day.  MRIs can be performed with these valves, but
it must be done under very controlled conditions to avoid a temperature rise
in the non-metallic valve mechanisms.  We didn't want to take that route
unless absolutely necessary.  Coumadin must be controlled carefully, and
steroids can change the normal doseage.  I considered the rotator cuff as a
possibility, but, given the time required to recover from such surgical
intervention, I would like to avoid this, if possible.

I will see what the physical therapist can do for me first.  I have been
resting it for about three months, so it seems time to move on.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA