Re: [OM] Spotted another rare CV 180 in OM mount --Big Foot's longer bro

Subject: Re: [OM] Spotted another rare CV 180 in OM mount --Big Foot's longer brother
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 17:23:01 -0500
Me too, but it is the only thorough review I could find.  At least it
is some data.  I recall the perspicacious Moose noted an exception to
the usual in a  flagship mid tele Nykon zoom? that was actaully a bit
better in FF than APS-C.  Bokeh can be a bit different too--witness the
Z. 200F4 with improved bokeh on four-thirds as noted by AG on multiple
occassions.  The aperture blade issue is common in the SL lenses and at
least present to some degree in the 3 lenses I have seen.  Actually I
am curious as to the prevalence in other lenses as assymmetry in closing
was clearly present in a friend's E510 kit lens.  I could notice  it in
an otherwise very nice backlit image he had printed large.  I kept my
mouth shut.
I don't think many would think it detracted anyway.
Mike

I do dislike it when an APS-C sensored camera is used to test a full
frame lens. All the hard stuff doesn't get tested at all.

Chuck Norcutt

usher99 [at] aol.com wrote:

The seller is the same that went searching for me in Osaka outside of

yabe. I had seen he had sold a couple of Big Foots too. Jeff K had
thought it a good idea to contact him directly and he was correct (as
usual). Communication, price, packing were all very good. Zeiss optics
on the cheap, perhaps. (same factory) I have not seen one of these on
yabe yet, ever in OM mount.

270522858999

About as Zuikoish as a non Zuiko could be, IMO. 49mm front element APO,
sharp as a tack wide open, very good MFD---1:4. What's not to like? The
bokeh is very good but not as consistently wonderful as the CV 125 apo
Lanthar macro.
OK, so it  focuses the "wrong" way.

Cameraquest has hoods NIB last I checked.

It is easy to focus on OM's and not as hard as they say on digital, IMO.

Just in case a listee is interested.

Some on alt lens section of FM say the color seemed slightly less
saturated than his 70-200 f4 L lens--so?? This guy is as large as his
hood and I can put it in my coat pocket!

Review:

   http://tinyurl.com/ycuw3kf

Mike