Re: [OM] finally

Subject: Re: [OM] finally
From: JTimpe@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 00:19:59 +0000 (UTC)

>Hello!
>Are there any digital camera bodies compatible with my old lenses?
>What is the market like for OM camera bodies?
>Any help is appreciated.  Thank you!

Welcome.  To anser the first question, all digital Oly bodies are compatible
with your old manual Zuikos with the 4/3 adapter that Olympus sells.  Around
$100 and well worth it.  Canon bodies can be made to accept them as well with
adapters made by some third party independant makers.

The market for OM bodies is probably as soft as the market for most other
brands.  Certain models retain their value better than others, but by and large
most dropped off a cliff years ago.  If you happen to have an OM-3Ti body, all
bets are off.

Some on this list have taken to jettisoning some of our old collections to
other list members, for $$ or gratis in some circumstances.  Keeping them in
the fold perhaps.

Again, welcome and enjoy the list.  It's a great source of information and
comeraderie.

Jim in Seattle