Re: [OM] Zuiko on GF-1

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko on GF-1
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 01:27:45 +0100
Hi Chris and all,

As always, I'm very late with the digests, but...

From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>All right, chaps.  I have my OM-m4/3 adaptor (from Travor, in the auction
site)
>and my Zuikos fit nicely (tightly) to my GF-1.  But the camera will not
take a
>picture as it complains of the lens not being properly mounted.

Already solved, I think. However, I had an additional problem with a C-mount
to m4/3 adaptor. The GF1 seems to disconnect the sensor and/or electronic
contacts of the mount while changing lenses -- a wise way to prevent
shortcircuits. It does such by sensing the position of the locking pin -- if
it's depressed (by mounting a lens), it disconnects.

But the aforementioned adaptor had smaller slot for that locking pin; it
sort of locks OK, but the pin can't emerge completely -- unless that adaptor
is perfectly centred (it has a tiny bit of rotational play, otherwise
negigible) so the pin goes into the deepest spot of the slot, LiveView won't
work... and will show the same complain as yours.

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)