Re: [OM] OT: GF-1 as Point and Shoot

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: GF-1 as Point and Shoot
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 07:38:25 +1100
Yeah - I've done 'work' like that - sort of 'very late yard duty'.
At least you were allowed a drink!
But you raise a worry. I've got hoods on but it bothers me. I start to
wonder, did they not supply them for a reason. In the olden days, the
hood was attached to a solid bit of lens front but now, with these
dinky little things, they are screwed into the front element assembly
which doesn't seem too sturdy. Especially the Oly 14-42mm mFT - I
worry about it getting a knock. It gets very upset if I accidentally
push it against a window as I like to do with other lenses and the
other day, for a night shot, I forgot - had the PEN on a windowsill
resting on the base and on the lip of the hood. The focus couldn't
actuate properly and it grumbled at me with a message that the lens
was unhappy.
Would it not have been nice if, with the 20mm, the hood attached to
the body? It doesn't project far when focussing!
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx