Re: [OM] Famous Zuiko for sale

Subject: Re: [OM] Famous Zuiko for sale
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 09:07:38 +1100 (EDT)
Hi Ken,

> One aspect that sets this lens apart from the majority of Zuikos is the
> short-throw focusing. From infinity to 2 ft (0.6m), the focus ring rotates
> only about 90 degrees.

One of the reasons I'm really liking the Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 on the E1,
or at least I will again when I get over using the 4T & 35-80 again.

The Sigma focus ring degree of movement is even less than the Zuiko
35-80, being about 50 degrees, the zoom moves about 45 degrees
and neither has any creep. I'm more impressed with the Sigma than
I ever thought I would be, having bought it for the constant F2.8.

> The 35-80, OM-3Ti, MD2 and T45 are in a class of their own. Combine all of
> them and the latest/greatest digital wonderwidget just doesn't seem all that
> exciting.

Thanks to JohnH, I'm back to enjoying using the 35-80 on my OM4T,
though I've not had a need to use it with my T45 yet. Landscape
I stick to using the 24 2.8, and I use the Zuiko 65-200 for other stuff,
rarely use other lens outside the workshop.

Problem with film though is no one is likely to see the stuff on computer
as I'm not happy with the scans, I looked at shooting all slide film but
that has a bigger problem quality wise with developing than neg film.
(slide film scans in fine for me)

So I still currently use film for 'me' stuff, and Digital for other people
or if I know I 'need' to put it on computer.

Cheers
Ian Manners
"ME or THAT computer" she said... that was yesterday...