Re: [OM] ( OM ) A1 in stable now

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) A1 in stable now
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 12:13:37 -0500
You should be aware that this camera (and many others) was the subject
of a Sony sensor recall.  Symptoms are an ugly, distorted shape and/or
color display which varies considerably from sample to sample and even
image to image on the same camera.  Sony replaced the sensor on affected
cameras free of charge.  You might like to send Sony a note asking
whether this serial number has already been serviced.  See:
<http://ca.konicaminolta.com/support/contact/sonylist/>

I never used any of the Minolta software.  I initially used a free raw
processor (whose name I can't recall at the moment), then something else
and finally moved to PhotoShop and ACR.  For a browser I use
BreezeBrowser which is quite similar to FastStone (which I view as a
near clone of BreezeBrowser)

Chuck Norcutt