Re: [OM] IMG: A Snowy Day

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: A Snowy Day
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 01:42:48 -0600
Hi Chris,

Thanks for looking.  I cheated.  I shot them through the window.  I did get
out for a few minutes, but the snow had stopped falling by then.

I went back and reworked the snow shot after seeing it in the gallery, and
receiving a comment from Alastair.  I took it as far as I could without
blowing out the highlights.  The "blossoms" themselves were shaded by the
house, so I could not get a pure white in that area.  Having grown up in the
South, my wife and I were reminded of the look of cotton bowls opening in
the fields.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA