Re: [OM] Storm Clouds

Subject: Re: [OM] Storm Clouds
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 17:46:19 +0000
It looks as if you know plenty, Moose; and if you experienced a storm, it must
have been one :-)

But a storm is normally an isolated event, although it can be embedded in a
larger event, such as before a front. I haven't looked again at the image, but
I thought when I saw it that the wispy clouds in front were caused by the extra
moisture in air, presaging a change of air mass, like a front.  If it had been
a storm I should have expected to see a dark, discrete mass from horizon to
heights.

Chris