Re: [OM] Moose returns, bearing gifts [was Semi-incommunicado]

Subject: Re: [OM] Moose returns, bearing gifts [was Semi-incommunicado]
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 07:36:12 +1100
It's not too difficult to do - sites like Model Mayhem make it simple
to contact models of all types. There are plenty who will model for
free - in exchange for some nice image files on a DVD - an exchange
that used to be called used to be called TFP - 'time for prints'.
However I ALWAYS pay a fair fee for nude work to avoid any question of
exploitation. Happy to share experiences offline and resources like my
model release if anyone wants to try their hand.
I find art nude work very challenging and not for the reasons some
here might imagine. Professional detachment isn't difficult - sensible
protocols like maintaining personal space and behaving respectfully in
a private and supportive environment are not difficult. The challenge
is that it is extremely minimal - there are no distractions like
clothing, settings or facial expressions to rely upon. Just form and
texture. It's remarkably difficult.
Glamour is much easier, although keeping it tasteful is tricky. And
many women really enjoy doing glamour and pin-up work. Oddly, they
enjoy looking sexy. :-) And I confess up front that I'm a card
carrying, registered dirty old man and enjoy photographing pretty
women. They find the honesty amusing.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx