Re: [OM] Wanted: Light DZ telephoto zoom

Subject: Re: [OM] Wanted: Light DZ telephoto zoom
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 13:01:20 -0800 (PST)
Ive had sat radio for at least four-five years now.  It was a b-day gift to
wifey, what it was Sirius at the time.

I too listen often to the old radio shows, but secont AG's assessment that
commercial radio (or tv...) are unable to produce the quality of NPR (PBS)
shows.

Boris

>>> The trouble is the corporate jackasses that are running things, and
>>> can't see why NPR attracts more listeners than 20 songs in a row, that
>>> even the boss likes.
>> Even in these economic hardship times, 20 in a row means 20 commercials
>> in a row...
>>

> I almost never listen to the radio. If I did, it would certainly be
> satellite radio. If the listeners are willing to pay, commercials are
> unnecessary. Seems like a fair economic trade-off to me. Somebody has to
> pay for the broadcast, and you get your choice. Internet radio is
> another good choice where available. The on-screen commercials aren't
> "seen" by ears.
>
> Quiet Time Moose
I've got sattellite radio in home and car. It's great, despite the over
compression to transmit that info over the little crappy equipment. The main
music channels are without commercials, but my favorite, the old radio drama
channel is filled with them, way too many for strange out on the edge
businesses.

Bill Pearce