[OM] Samsung stirs the pot

Subject: [OM] Samsung stirs the pot
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 22:37:52 -0500
Thanks for posting that.? ISO 1600 on the G9 is not very ?useable, IMO. Your
processed RAW file at 3200 was nicely done.
I would expect nothing less from Dr. No-Flash ;-)
Haven't put any auxillary lenses on the G9 since buying it, but do have the
nice Lensmate dohickey and use a Pol on occassion.
Mike
?
?
?
?
?
Using that sort of post techniques, ISO 3200 is actually usable for many
purposes. The JPEGs right out of the camera are fine for the web from a
noise/detail standpoint. I think this sample I posted before shows that.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/G11-ISO3200/IMG_0167.htm> There
are several images in the same gallery shot at ISO 1600. If you find 400 to be
tops for the G9, I'd think you would find 800 on the G11 as good or maybe a bit
better and 1600 usable in a pinch. With the right subject and post, 1600 is
surprisingly useful. Moose