Re: [OM] New CF spec

Subject: Re: [OM] New CF spec
From: Jez Cunningham <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 09:10:05 +0100
Chuck,

We have to assume there's an error in these figures, but whatever it is
still seems to leave crazy numbers.

25MB/s is rather slow, I think even today's cards can beat that (1GB card in
40s).  So assume they've written a spec that says 25GB/s (1000x faster) - it
would still take 2 months to download the biggest card.

And 25GB/s is now getting hard to believe - it's what only the best fibre
optics in the internet backbone can achieve.

I think we'll have to leave this fruitful discussion about how many bytes
you can get on the head of a pin and let time tell...

cheers
jez