[OM] Floating Element Close Focus Performance (Was: Zuiko 28/2 with lock

Subject: [OM] Floating Element Close Focus Performance (Was: Zuiko 28/2 with locked focusing ring)
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 11:35:54 +0200
...thereby screwing the close-focus performance. I don't have the
28/2.0, but the close-focus
performance of the 24/.2.0 of absolutely amazing for a wide-angle
lens, i.e. this was basically
taken at minimum focusing distance (these were small lorikeets), and
the bird's eye is sharp
sharp sharp right down to grain level.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/052/1/e/Mutual_Care_by_philosomatographer.jpg
(OM-1n, 24/2.0 at f/5.6, Ilford FP4+, 8x10in analogue print)

You will definitely not want to be without the floating mechanism in
your lens.
Or worse, have it immobile and stuck in "close focus" position when
using your lens at
infinity.