[OM] new photo opportunity next year

Subject: [OM] new photo opportunity next year
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 04:38:57 +1300
IanW wrote

> Yippee, my wife gave me the go ahead to book a place on
> <www.enduroindia.com>  in 2011, I wanted one last motorcycling adventure
> before the aches and pains of old age kick in too much, I guess I won't be
> taking the canyon but instead  the E-3 kit and whatever compact the market
> has delivered - maybe its a mico 4/3rds back for the 7-14 .
>
> I spotted this adventure many years ago and dreamt about it, but now I
> will hopefully get to make it a reality.

Fabulous!  And on an RE !

I haven't SEEN one of those for decades, let alone ridden one.

Doesn't look too tough, and it's for only 10 days. It will be a blast.

During my last summer as a student in the UK in 1962?  I bought a BSA  ?B
51 for £25, travelled 6000 miles over the English Channel by air to France,
though Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, back
though Sweden & Denmark, into Germany again, to Switzerland, across
France, and back over the water to west of London. On my own, staying at
youth hostels.

Feeding me and the bike cost £40, the only breakdown that slowed me
down was a broken chain-link (trying to cross France east to west in one day
as my green-card insurance was running out), and I sold the bike again for
£15.  I bought a WA lens and a 135 tele for my Practika FX in Hamburg 2nd
hand, and I thought I was "made". Kodachrome those days! 200 miles a day
left time for sight-seeing in mornings. The trip of a lifetime, for me.

Go for it !!

Brian Swale.