Re: [OM] Purchase of new camera case successful

Subject: Re: [OM] Purchase of new camera case successful
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 05:29:18 +1300
Hi all,

Zuikoholics are all welcome :-)  Seriously. I'd be P..ed off if you came this
way and the didn't at least make contact!
The purchase is now sewn up - 10% deposit has been made, the remainder
will be in 4 days' time.

I am NOT a compulsive fixer-upper of houses. My attitude is "I like it more or
less as it is, now let's use it as a base for getting on with life".
My partner however is different; she loves playing with wall colours, curtains,
changing the furniture all the time, the artwork on the walls.
That's OK, if I can do my thing. She does it well.

I WILL however be looking hard at the temperature equations for the house.
Central Otago has quite cold winters ( not like the USA though !!) as I feel
the winter cold badly now. I don't want to spend all winter wondering how I
can keep more joules inside the house. So installing double glazing in
selected places will be an early area of interest.  Most NZ houses -
regardless of location - of that era had minimal house insulation, and single
glazing almost without exception. Stupid.

I actually would prefer if the section ( plot) was not so "complete" as far as
landscape gardening is concerned. It is lovely. So now I don't see (yet)
where I can have a decent vege garden ( food prices here are becoming
scandalous - Central Otago is at the end of a long supermarket supply chain
with little or no back-loading for the lorries), or provide cover over my boat
-
still to be re-commissioned after decades out of the water.
In that climate, I want to garage vehicles as much as possible, and Maggie
has a very nice 2litre beemer which she neglects.
With 5 bedrooms, one being used for home female hairdressing at the
moment, a first-time darkroom is a possibility as yet undiscussed.
An office -  study for me is an undisputed list item.  Yes, and a place for my
piano; I must get it tuned asap.  As I can afford it. !! We'll get there!

Andrew remarked that Clyde seems to have only two seasons - Spring and
autumn. There's some truth in that. Central Otago makes much of Spring
blossom (orchards) and autumn ( leaf colours in the exotic deciduous trees
(mainly crack willow, black poplar and Lombardy poplar). But there is wine
(pinot noir - I don't drink the stuff myself and it's quite expensive - and
much
exported to the World), fruit (soft fruits and apples) and rugged landscape.

A garage studio?  Well, stranger things have happened ......

Don't discount that either.

Brian Swale.