Re: [OM] Purchase of new camera case successful

Subject: Re: [OM] Purchase of new camera case successful
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 13:04:09 -0600

> That sounds a little suspicious, Jim.  I should have thought that they
> would have systems monitoring their output, given that they are probably
> required by law to maintain a consistent voltage (they are over here).  It
> sounds as if they were saving a bit of money ...

They do!  But usually not at the capacitors.

The power grid is getting "smarter" all the time, but talk about
interference...  It always entertains me every time I see rumors about the
power companies delivering DSL over the power lines. We have enough trouble
with RFI in our systems today. Can you imagine the problems with your Toyota
when passing under a data equipped power line? Brings new meaning to the
term "High Speed Internet".

BTW, Brian, great digs!

AG