Re: [OM] Purchase of new mobile camera case & New photoopportunities thi

Subject: Re: [OM] Purchase of new mobile camera case & New photoopportunities this year
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 06:40:20 -0800 (PST)
In the 80's, my parents finally decided that I was old enough to have my own
stereo.  I wanted a Phillips, but there was nothing in the price range, so I
had to settle for a Siemens.

Since the country was communist at the time and I was too young, my concepts
about capitalist economy were...underdeveloped.  First thing I did was to open
the back cover.  I was soooo bummed when I saw that majority of the parts were
Japanese, instead of German...

You would be surprized how "ununique" cars are once you open the hood or look
at the suspension underneath.

When it comes to MB ( or Maahr-say-diss as my father-in-law pronounces it), I
think they are expensive, because they are the safest cars around and because
MB spends tons of moneys in R&D.  I was recently at a conference and their NA
BD showed up from nowhere and gave us a lecture on that.  They are working on
some interesting stuff, such as intelligent infrastructure, where the car would
know in advance when the light would turn yellow, being able to communicate
with other cars etc.

Boris