Re: [OM] Photographer films his own 'anti-terror' arrest

Subject: Re: [OM] Photographer films his own 'anti-terror' arrest
From: Nathan <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 18:31:35 +0100
Right...so from James's long tirade I can infer that he finds Chinese
police and authorities gentler and kinder than the English ones...I
recall encountering similar naivete as a student in the late 70s and
early 80s in Denmark but have not had the pleasure of seeing it so
vividly lately.

I am writing this at Bristol airport, on my way home from a weekend
in Bath. Have taken around 200 photos in Bath with no problems at
all, as has been the case during all my previous (frequent) trips to
the UK. And those of you who are familiar with my photos know that I
do not exactly stick to bucolic landscapes.

On the other hand, while waiting at the security queue at the airport
about an hour ago, I witnessed a stupid French tourist who insisted
on taking a photo of a large map of destinations reachable from
Bristol because they had made the amusing mistake of misplacing a
couple of French towns. The only problem is that the map is located
directly above the security screening machines, and like at every
other airport photographing those is prohibited. A woman from
security told him not to photograph but he insisted in entering into
a discussion with her about it. I hope he missed his flight.

Nathan

On 28/02/2010, at 13:16, Chris Barker wrote:

> Bad story, James, and I'm sorry it happened to you.
>
> Chris
>
> On 28 Feb 2010, at 11:05, James King wrote:
>
>> Now I understand why the
>> attacker simply laughed when I phoned the police.
>
> --

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu