Re: [OM] 21/3.5 hood and 24/2 Zuiko

Subject: Re: [OM] 21/3.5 hood and 24/2 Zuiko
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 11:06:16 -0500
Check Ken's reposting of Gary Reese's Olympus lens tests.  Start here
so you understand some of the test terminology.
<http://zone-10.com/cmsm/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=10&Itemid=95>
then here for the details for the 24/2
<http://zone-10.com/cmsm/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=221&Itemid=95>

Important points (for some lenses at least) are the use of later bodies
which allow mirror (and especially) aperture pre-fire vs simple mirror
lockup on an OM-1.  Gary's early tests clearly showed that the kick from
the aperture stop down arm was much more harmful than mirror slap.
OM-2sp and later can resolve that problem.  But also note that in the
24/2 test the sample on the OM-1 does somewhat better than the sample on
the OM-4T.  This just shows that sample variation is sometimes very much
in evidence.

The 24/2 requires hood 108-211, a 55mm screw-in not shared with any
other lens.

Chuck Norcutt