Re: [OM] Certainly a beaten subject already,

Subject: Re: [OM] Certainly a beaten subject already,
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 16:16:18 -0600

> Well, it seems the consensus is pretty much clear cut - looks like rubbing
> elbows with Leica finally taught panasonic a trick or two. Not that I
> dislike
> Panasonic myself, I've got a perfectly nice LX2. But you know Olympus
> really
> blew it when nobody rise here in defense of a Zuiko...

Well, this is a little difficult for me because I prefer the 35mm equivalent
focal length the Olympus 17/2.8 offers. In my own testing of the lens, I
found it to be very comfortable, but the barrel distortion is a little too
over the top for me. There is substantial CA (chromatic aberration) too. But
the bokeh characteristics are very nice.

The presence of the Panasonic lens has lowered the desirability of the
Zuiko. It's not a bad lens, just not as good of a lens. If you have the
money for the Panasonic, get it.

AG