Re: [OM] 21/3.5, 35/2, and Zuikoholism

Subject: Re: [OM] 21/3.5, 35/2, and Zuikoholism
From: Nicholas Herndon <nherndon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 09:32:22 -0600
 >You could always split the difference and get the 28mm F2. I think it's
one
>of the best kept secrets of the entire Zuiko line.

>I've tried Joel's for a few shots and had to hand it back to him rather
>quickly lest I sell off a bunch of stuff to fund the purchase of one.

AG
Wellllll....I already have one.  I guess I'm just turning into one of those
insane "completion collectors" that actual photographers are always
ridiculing.  Seems to be a common ailment among OM users.  And with Iwert's
comments yesterday re: the 90/2 macro and 100/2, I started looking hard at
those as well.  But $725 for a BGN condition 100/2 is pretty steep.  Why are
my hands shaking...is it hot in here?

But anyway, yes, the 28/2 is my favorite of all the Zuikos I've had or
have.  Followed closely by the 85/2.  If I could only have two, it would be
those two.  The 28/2 works very well for my shooting style (environmental
portraiture, candids, low light photography).
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pooroldpunch/sets/72157622093119030/

>The B&H listing says this Hama hood has been discontinued.
Chuck Norcutt

Yes, very unfortunate.  I was just using that as an example of the type of
hood I was looking for.

Going through Gary Reese's lens tests on Zone 10 last night, I would have to
disagree that the 35/2 is shown to be a poor performer.  One of the 3
samples tested certainly was, but the 3rd sample tested looked to be a
stellar performer--but primarily only in the center.  That's okay for me,
like the 28/2 I use the 35mm focal length as a "walkaround" and snapshot
lens, and not so much for landscapes and the like.

Sandy, thanks for that link to pleaserobme.com.  Very enlightening.  I will
be sending that to all of my friends.

In the spirit of Zuikoholism, and given that my wife and I will be traveling
to Japan at the end of March and I have to figure out what cameras/lenses to
take with me, here is a question for the list:

What is your favorite 3 lens lineup for the OM system and why?