Re: [OM] Travel lenses, was: 21/3.5, 35/2, and Zuikoholism

Subject: Re: [OM] Travel lenses, was: 21/3.5, 35/2, and Zuikoholism
From: James King <jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 19:29:59 +0000
I used to live in Japan in - near Nara - the temple heart land. Do visit
Nara if you can and Kyoto - the old capital.

Lots of Japan is very crowded and its HOT and humid in the summer and
can be very cold in the north in the winter....

My favorite travel kit is far more than 3 lenses
35mm shift
24mm shift
Because I do a lot of architecture, statues. temples...
Plus when you want to take you camera kit on as hand luggage and the
check in person says its to heavy, pop off the cap on the 24mm and one
look at the front element and suddenly they change their minds... works
EVERY time for me

Tamron 80-200 f2,8 its a wonderful lens, very sharp relatively cheap
second hand (when you can find one) and also works well on my 5D

Canon 28-70 f2.8 (nice)
Canon 100mm macro f2.8 (very nice lens)
Canon 16-35mm f2.8 (not great unless at f8 or f11 but versatile and gets
lots of use) DXO lens profile really improves it.

Companies Act 2006 : http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/companyinfo