[OM] Travel lenses, was: 21/3.5, 35/2, and Zuikoholism

Subject: [OM] Travel lenses, was: 21/3.5, 35/2, and Zuikoholism
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 20:13:02 -0500
Tam 35-105/2.8--must stop waay down if want corners sharp at wide end.
Z. 24/2.8
CV 180/4 + ext tubes--if macro not expected to be a major theme.
alt--Z. 85 f2 if portraits/macro --+ext tube
alt #2 If macro definitely will  be involved--CV apo lanthar SL 125 f2.5

I am a lugger so usually have the 35 shift etc somewhere close by.  Z.
50-250 /5 usually around too.   Won't say what else as Marnie may check
in
on the archives and I am already being warned about packing light for
an upcoming trip.
Mike

When traveling, light weight and compact are excellent virtues.  When I
was actively shooting with OMs my 3 lens selection would be a Zuiko
24/2.8, Zuiko 35-70/3.5-4.5 and Kiron 70-150/4.  I might add a 50/1.8
or
even a 50/1.4 if I was concerned about low light ability and then
likely
leave it at the hotel or in the car unless I had specific reason to
believe it would be needed.

I've never owned a Zuiko 70/150 but the Kiron 70-150/4 is an excellent
lens.  Lightweight with excellent performance.  I've owned two of them
and neither demonstrated the sticky diaphragm problem common to many
other Kiron lenses.  I've never tried either of the zooms on my 5D as
they're too slow for good manual focusing but the 24/2.8 does do
digital
landscape duty from time to time.

Chuck Norcutt