Re: [OM] Floating Element Close Focus Performance (Was: Zuiko 28/2 with

Subject: Re: [OM] Floating Element Close Focus Performance (Was: Zuiko 28/2 with locked focusing ring)
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 10:10:10 +0100
Hi John, Dawid and all,

From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>...thereby screwing the close-focus performance.

I was afraid so... :-(

>You will definitely not want to be without the floating mechanism in
>your lens.
>Or worse, have it immobile and stuck in "close focus" position when
>using your lens at
>infinity.

Yeah, that would be real bad. On the other hand, if the floating element
keeps at the 'infinite' position, basically I'd have a classic lens without
close-range correction...

Now, the million dollar question is: in which position is the floating
element stuck? I can't find a way to reinstall the part... without locking
the whole lens again.

Anyway... I own a much better 28/2 now... f1.9 to be precise... ;^) ;^)

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)