Re: [OM] Straight from the DIY departement...

Subject: Re: [OM] Straight from the DIY departement...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 06:47:41 -0500
That's very interesting.  I was thinking of something exactly like that
as I was composing my reply on the 24/2.8 below.  It's certainly fairly
simple for the camera to calculate if it knows the lens details and
focus distance.  One problem for the legacy AF cameras is very few
lenses have any feedback to the camera with respect to focus distance.
Some later lenses feedback focus distance for direct flash exposure
calculation since the digital revolution has killed OTF exposure
measurement.  It takes someone like Panny who is not invested in the past.

Chuck Norcutt