[OM] Straight from the DIY departement...

Subject: [OM] Straight from the DIY departement...
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 17:32:41 -0500
I always found that puzzling--why remove the DOF scales or at least
have the cam calculate them.
The CHDK hack for G9 or Moose's G11 give the near limit of dof, far
limit,  distance to subject and hyperfocal distance.  I have it set to
show it at half press as not to
distract while framing--somewhat less utility on a small sensor of
course---I think Dr. Focus would approve.   But why can't they have it
on all dslr's as an option?
Dumb.
Mike

Actually, one of the focal lengths listed is 24mm for the Zuiko 24/2.8.
It's easier and more accurate to work from my cheat sheet than to
depend
on the sparsely populated DOF scale.

Chuck Norcutt