[OM] computer monitors by brand

Subject: [OM] computer monitors by brand
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 19:25:21 -0400
Are there any opinions on the desirability of any particular brand of
computer monitor?

I am looking to step up from a 19" diagonal 4 : 3 aspect ratio ViewSonic
screen to a 24" diagonal 16 : 9 ratio screen.

The brands I have looked at so far include ACER, LG, Samsung, Dell, HP, and
ViewSonic. There seems to be a consensus that LG and Samsung lead the pack,
ACER trails and that HP excels at having punched up super saturated colours
on highly reflective screens.

I do not run video games. The reason for wanting width is to have side by
side Photoshop images or Dreamweaver pages on screen.

Getting an upgraded video card to handle a 1920 : 1080 resolution [ 16 : 9
aspect ratio] is another but minor issue.

All and any opinions will be appreciated.

John Hudson

database 4926 (20100308) __________

http://www.eset.com