Re: [OM] FOTOFEST, OM-3TI, OM-4TI

Subject: Re: [OM] FOTOFEST, OM-3TI, OM-4TI
From: Nicholas Herndon <nherndon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 10:20:40 -0600
Bill, thanks for the heads up.  I'm in Houston also and was not aware that
FotoFest was this weekend.  I'll try to make it out Saturday and give you a
report back.

>Bill,

>FotoFest is this weekend in Houston. Will you be reporting to us about
>what's there?
>Bill Pearce

All this talk about the OM-3t and OM-4t is making me drool!  I have been
seriously questioning if I needed anything beyond my OM-1n and OM-2n, and
you guys do *not* make it any easier.  BTW, John H., just sent my OM-1n to
you for an overhaul yesterday.  Take good care of her for me :)

>Maybe someday I'll have an F2
>lens or maybe not.

Ken, very thoughtful post, but the above statement shocked me.  I actually
went the opposite direction and got expensive lenses, but have never spent
more than about $30 on an OM body (not including the cost of a CLA).  I'm
currently working out a 35/2 that I just purchased from John H.  (As an
aside, I'm keenly interested in the performance of this lens, as I think
35mm is one of the most versatile focal lengths, and I loved the 35/2.8
Zuiko on my XA, though did not have the same love for my OM 35/2.8).  I also
have a 28/2 that is simply amazing and quickly replaced my 28/3.5 (no slouch
either), and of course an 85/2 that is an incredible portrait lens (and
replaced my 100/2.8).  I would eventually like to get the 100/2 and 21/2,
but that is not a priority (fixing the back fence, redoing the master
bathroom, and paying off the car are way more important right now).  That
OM-4t metering system is mighty sweet though.  Very tempting.  Might just
provoke me to spend several hundred $$ on an OM body.